Friday, June 4, 2010

Sprint motor for my TR7


"THE FIRST MASS PRODUCED CAR 16 VALVE ENGINE"

this engine has been bored 40 over hi compression piston, fast road cam,stainless steel header with freeflow exhaust system and modified TR7 EFI system.











This is the engine that i plan on placing in my tr7 fhc. It still needs some assembly work yet ( fuel injection intake , distributor and harmonic balancer (fan pulley). i will be replacing the oil pan with an rust free one (black powder coated).

5 comments:

  1. Cliff, looks like you are doing a really nice job there.
    I run a Sprint engine on SU's in my TR7 and its a nice conversion. You will enjoy it.
    Can't wait to see your finished car.

    Russ Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4/19/13 Cliff - I'm about to do the same conversion to my 1980 EFI TR7 spider. Would you be willing to discuss your experience? An email would be appreciated. Thanks, hacklerdr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. would like to see pics your sprint motor conversion to fuel injection

    caferc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cliff! I am thinking of doing this conversion, would you be willing to email me about going the FI route? dicer82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't started it yet. just ideals in my head at the moment.

    ReplyDelete